About the Scholarship
We recognize that many scholarships are based on sports or academic achievements, and that is not always indicative of a student's potential. Greene & Phillips is encouraging students of all GPA's and abilities to apply for the inaugural Greene & Phillips Gives Back Scholarship program that will award five (5) $2,000 scholarships to eligible high school seniors to their choice of university or community college.
Who Can Apply
- All current Mobile and Baldwin County high school seniors
- Must be on-track to graduate at the end of the 2018-2019 school year.
- Scholarship can only be used at accredited college, university, community college or trade/vocational school.
All entries must be submitted on our website before midnight on January 18, 2019.
How to Apply
- Film a 3-5 minute video of yourself explaining what you want to do for a career and the challenges you are facing accomplishing that goal.
Greene & Phillips Gives Back Scholarship
- Submit application on www.greenephillips.com/scholarship (Below)
- Film a 3-5 minute video of yourself telling us your story. Talk about your career choice, the challenges you face achieving that career, and what you are doing to overcome those challenges.
- Upload the video via our sharefile link: https://greenephillips.sharefile.com/r-r6898666cecf461a9
- Your name, phone number, email address
- Name, phone number, and email address of parent/legal guardian
- Current GPA (to be confirmed by transcripts)
- School in attendance
- Desired career choice
- Up to 3 college choices (can include all accredited colleges, universities, technical schools, trade/vocational schools)
Selection of Winners
A panel of judges at Greene & Phillips Injury Lawyers will choose twenty (20) semi-finalists by February 1, 2019. Greene & Phillips will conduct a video-conferencing (Skype, Facetime, etc.) interview between February 1, 2019 and February 15, 2019. The panel of judges will then select ten (10) finalists who will receive an opportunity to spend a day with Greene & Phillips and receive personalized career advice, discussions on proper office attire including an outfit from one of our clothing partners, resume building skills, interview training, and real life office experience. Five (5) finalists will then be chosen to each receive a $2,000 scholarship, to be announced April 22, 2019. Scholarship recipients and their parent(s)/guardian(s) will be invited to a banquet on May 2, 2019 (Location TBD). Mandatory attendance is required of all winners to receive scholarship.
Ownership of Entries
All entries submitted become the property of Greene & Phillips Injury Lawyers. Entry materials will not be returned to any entrant. By submitting any entry, the firm owns all rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute and promote the material in perpetuity without compensation to you or any other person. As a condition of receiving a scholarship, each winner is giving their consent to the use of their name, area of residence, and school name. Each winner is also giving consent to using their likeness (as in a photograph or on television, billboard, etc) without limitations, for promotional purposes without further payment.
By entering the contest, you and your parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) release and agree to hold harmless Greene & Phillips Injury Lawyers and their employees, from any liability whatsoever in connection with entering the contest, accepting the prize, or anything that may arise related to the contest.
FILL OUT APPLICATION HERE