Tag Archive for: mobile car accident attorney

Types of Car Wrecks

Every car accident is different, and the type of crash you have may determine how your case is handled in a court of law. A single vehicle accident is one where there’s understandably just one vehicle, and for whatever reason it hits a tree, or a building, or a sign.  Most often, if you are the driver of the vehicle there is not going to be much recovery that you are entitled to.  There are certain circumstances where that’s not true, including cases that involve phantom vehicles and product liability cases. If it’s one of those circumstances, then it’s worth talking to a car wreck attorney to find out if you may have a case.

A fender bender is a low impact accident that happens when someone who’s not paying attention, or who is distracted runs into the vehicle in front of them.  Often, there’s not much damage and injuries can be minor.  The important thing to remember with a fender bender is that if there is any damage to your vehicle there very likely is damage to you.  Several days later, you may discover symptoms of whiplash or an achy back as a result of the accident. There are often times when severe injuries can result from a minor accident. That’s why it’s very important to get medical treatment as soon as you can after your accident.   Always contact an attorney to see what your options are.

Unfortunately, more serious accidents do occur, and the more damage done to the car often means more damage to the body. Obviously, a car wreck with an 18-wheeler can be completely devastating considering the size and weight of these trucks. These cases can be very complex, and the scenes and vehicles may need to be independently investigated. Of course, it’s imperative that you seek medical attention right away and make sure that an accident report is done.

As always, if you have any further questions concerning any type of car wreck, call us at (251) 300-2000, no matter what time of day it is. You may come by our office at 51 North Florida Street and meet with an injury attorney.  You never need an appointment!

Medical Attention Following Your Wreck

When should someone seek medical attention after they’ve been in a car wreck?

Obviously if you are bleeding, have broken bones, or are in extreme pain, you need to seek medical treatment right a way. Allow first responders to escort you to the nearest Emergency Room. As a general rule, if there is any damage to your vehicle, then there very well may be damage to your body, and it’s worth getting checked out by a doctor. Many injuries from car accidents aren’t particularly obvious at first, but they can still have significant long term effects if you do not pursue medical attention.

So what you’re saying is, even though you might not be in pain, it’s still best to be examined by a doctor?

Absolutely. You really should go to the doctor within 24 hours of your accident. One big reason is from a legal standpoint, you don’t want to develope what is called a “gap in treatment” which refers to the time between the accident and the time you seek medical treament for injuries related to that accident. When dealing with your case, the longer you wait after your accident to see the doctor, the more challenging it is to prove those injuries were caused by the accident.

If you aren’t experiencing much pain, what should you tell the doctor who’s checking you out?

Tell your doctor, that you were in an accident. Your doctor is then going to check for signs of whiplash and other strains in the neck and back. He or she will also be able to determine if the trauma may have led to more serious conditions like nervous system or brain damage.

If the accident victim doesn’t have a primary care doctor what should they do?

They can go to an urgent care facility and get treatment. Urgent care facilities are typically much quicker than a traditional ER. Also an ER will immediately put a lien on your case which could affect the amount of the money you will receive with your settlement.

What about if they don’t have insurance, or are concerned about how to pay for the doctor’s visit?

If someone is concerned about paying for a visit, they should contact a personal injury lawyer who may be able arrange medical treatment with no initial costs under what is called a “letter of protect.”

David, how can someone contact Green & Phillips if they should have any further questions about medical treatment after a car wreck?

They can come by anytime or call our office 24/7 at 251-300-200.